Regenerative medicine offers physicians new tools to help repair damaged tissue, alleviate pain, accelerate healing, and improve function for patients with degenerative conditions or sports injuries. Regenerative Treatments in Sports and Orthopedic Medicine is the first comprehensive book devoted to orthobiologic treatments for orthopedic conditions. Authored by experts in regenerative medicine, this evidence- and experience-based guide is written for clinicians looking to understand and effectively implement these treatments in their practices.
Broad yet focused coverage of the scientific underpinnings, regulatory issues, staffing and equipment, nutritional and rehabilitation concerns, and orthobiologic interventions for specific clinical problems make this the ideal procedural reference for anyone working to restore function to athletes or other patients with musculoskeletal pathologies.
- Unparallelled coverage of clinical science and practical applications
- Written by pioneering leaders at the forefront of an emerging standard of care
- Evidence-based indications for initiating orthobiologic therapies
- Includes a review of important nomenclature for the novice
- Covers both Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and stem cell procedures
- A must-read guide for practitioners in academic and private practice settings
Turn on the body’s self-healing abilities, prevent illness before it starts, and reverse the aging process
• Explains how to activate the body’s regenerative abilities and combat inflammation through diet, supplements, detox, herbs, exercise, energy medicine, and mindfulness
• Examines the science of epigenetics and the potential of stem cell therapies for regeneration of joints and organs as well as for healing the telomeres of our DNA
• Reveals the importance of hormone balance and sleep as a core regenerative therapy
Harnessing the advances of the new paradigm of medicine–which focuses on the regenerative abilities of the body rather than symptom management–Elisa Lottor, Ph.D., HMD, explains how each of us can turn on the body’s self-healing abilities, prevent illness before it starts, and reverse the aging process to live longer, healthier, and happier lives.
Beginning with a focus on the foods we eat, the author reveals how many diseases and symptoms of aging are the result of inflammation in the body, caused by poor diet and a lack of crucial nutrients. She explains the top foods to avoid, such as refined sugar, and the best nutrient-rich foods to include, along with easy and delicious recipes. Showing how regenerative medicine treats the roots of aging and disease, preventing them before they start, she details the regenerative properties of the liver complex, explaining the best ways to detox, and reveals how to restore optimal microbe balance in your gut. Dr. Lottor explores the regenerative properties of adaptogens, herbs, and nutriceuticals, the unobtrusive healing practices of energy medicine, the importance of hormone balance, and the concept of living water. She also underscores sleep as a core regenerative therapy.
Looking at the most cutting-edge research in the rapidly emerging field of regenerative medicine, Dr. Lottor examines the potential of stem cell therapies for regeneration of joints and organs as well as for lengthening our DNA’s telomeres, the shrinkage of which is now considered a chief cause of aging. She also looks at the science of gene expression–epigenetics–and how DNA can be used as both a health predictor and a tool for preventing inherited diseases. Including a comprehensive resource section for finding products and practitioners, Dr. Lottor offers each of us the necessary tools and information to reverse aging and participate in your own wellness.