This book discusses why specific diseases are being targeted for cell-based retinal therapy, what evidence exists that justifies optimism for this approach, and what challenges must be managed in order to bring this technology from the laboratory into routine clinical practice. There are a number of unanswered questions (e.g., surgical approach to cell delivery, management of immune response, optimum cell type to transplant) that very likely are not going to be answered until human trials are undertaken, but there is a certain amount of “de-risking” that can be done with preclinical experimentation. This book is essential reading for scientists, clinicians, and advanced students in stem cell research, cell biology, and ophthalmology.
With detailed scientific background and up-to-date research, this book examines recent developmental and cell biology, mechanobiology and stem cell biology discoveries to help provide a better understanding of lung development, repair and regeneration. Lung regeneration is an urgent therapeutic priority. The current major challenge is the generation of complex vascularized structures that can ultimately support or replace impaired lung function. Recent discoveries in biomedical engineering are analysed within the structural context of the lung to help provide a better understanding of the innovative solutions that could be used for restoring normal morphogenesis and regeneration of the lung. This also includes insights from basic developmental mechanisms of human lung development through the derivation and identification of stem cells, both from the early embryo as well as from differentiated organs and tissues. Suitable for a wide range of readers, including physicians and surgeons, scientists and researchers, and undergraduate and postgraduate students, this guide is an essential read for those working in the field of lung disease and development.
Translational Regenerative Medicine is a reference book that outlines the life cycle for effective implementation of discoveries in the dynamic field of regenerative medicine. By addressing science, technology, development, regulatory, manufacturing, intellectual property, investment, financial, and clinical aspects of the field, this work takes a holistic look at the translation of science and disseminates knowledge for practical use of regenerative medicine tools, therapeutics, and diagnostics. Incorporating contributions from leaders in the fields of translational science across academia, industry, and government, this book establishes a more fluid transition for rapid translation of research to enhance human health and well-being.
- Provides formulaic coverage of the landscape, process development, manufacturing, challenges, evaluation, and regulatory aspects of the most promising regenerative medicine clinical applications
- Covers clinical aspects of regenerative medicine related to skin, cartilage, tendons, ligaments, joints, bone, fat, muscle, vascular system, hematopoietic /immune system, peripheral nerve, central nervous system, endocrine system, ophthalmic system, auditory system, oral system, respiratory system, cardiac system, renal system, hepatic system, gastrointestinal system, genitourinary system
- Identifies effective, proven tools and metrics to identify and pursue clinical and commercial regenerative medicine
- SIZE – 90x60cm ( 36×24 inches )
- High Quality Poster Print
- Tracking number for every order
- Pack the poster inside of a thick tube, guarantee the perfect condition
- Wall Decor