This kit is an economical introduction to solar cells / photovoltaics (PV), DC motors and how fans work. Included are: solar cell, high-efficiency DC motor, two fan propellers, AA battery holder (for indoor activities) and on/off push-button switch.
The solar cell, DC motor and battery holder all come with already attached wire leads for easy connection (no soldering required!).
Simply connect the 2 wires of the motor to the 2 wires of the solar cell (just strip and twist them together), expose the solar cell to sunlight, and like magic the motor comes to life. For those cloudy days, instead of using the solar cell you can connect the included single AA battery holder to power the motor (great for indoor classroom activities!) Add the included on/off switch to your circuit!
Fan propellers are interchangable and are easy to attach to the motor by just pushing them onto the motor shaft. One of the included propellers has soft, touch-safe blades which is great for younger children.
Included (6 items):
SOLAR CELL: 2V 130mA polycrystalline solar cell (54x54mm) with pre-soldered wire leads
DC MOTOR: High-efficiency DC motor (type 300 1V-6V) with attached wire leads (25mm diameter, 14mm thick with 2mm shaft – 100mA 8500 RPM at 1.5V)
BATTERY HOLDER: Single AA battery holder with attached wire leads (battery is not included)
SWITCH: On/off push button switch
PROPELLER: Green 3-blade hard plastic propeller (80mm diameter)
SOFT PROPELLER: Yellow-transparent 80mm 3-blade propeller with soft, touch-safe blades
- FUN STEM KIT: Build your own solar cell or battery powered fan while learning about science, energy and engineering!
- INCLUDED: Solar Cell, DC Motor, AA Battery Holder, On/Off Switch, Two Propellers (one is touch-safe for younger kids!)
- TOUCH-SAFE FAN: Included in the kit is a touch-safe propeller (with soft clear plastic blades) – great for younger kids!
- INDOOR AND OUTDOOR ACTIVITY: This kid comes with both the solar cell and AA battery holder so you can power your fan both indoors and outdoors!
- SWITCH INCLUDED: Multiple circuit combinations are possible with this kit. Add an included on/off switch to have even more fun (and learn more!)