This accessibly written book explores the different types of stem cells, their current and potential future medical applications, and the many controversies that surround their creation and use.
• Offers additional and updated information since the first edition, including expanded coverage of popularly contested topics such as weight loss medications and genetic contributors to obesity
• Examines key issues related to obesity, such as whether or not someone can be healthy and obese
• Highlights key ideas and debates discussed in the book through illuminating case studies that use engaging real-world scenarios
• Provides readers with a helpful Directory of Resources to guide their search for additional information
To date, the ethical discussion on human embryonic stem cell research has focused on the moral status of the embryo. This text explores many other ethical, legal and social issues involved in translating stem cell research into medical applications.
- Used Book in Good Condition