Human cell culture is not a new topic, but the development of new molecular techniques and reagents which can be used to investigate cell function and the responsible intracellular mechanisms make it a continuing requirement. This third edition of Human Cell Culture Protocols expands upon the previous editions with current, detailed protocols for the isolation and culture of a range of primary cells from human tissues. With new chapters on pancreatic cells needed for basic studies on the pathogenesis of diabetes and for their application for islet transplantation, the book also delves into protocols for hepatocytes, skin cells, lung cells, parathyroid cells, gastric cells, renal cells, adipocytes, ovarian cells, bone cells, vascular smooth muscle cells, vascular endothelial cells, regulatory T cells, blood mononuclear cells, as well as new techniques being applied to human cell culture, particularly the use of biocompatible scaffolds to grow cells, the in vitro use of laser microdissection to isolate cells from culture, and automated cell culture. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and cutting-edge, Human Cell Culture Protocols, Third Edition makes it possible for a worker with basic cell culture training, whether in the fields of cell biology, gene therapy, and cell transplantation, to prepare cell cultures of the specific cell type necessary to forward their vital research.
Click here if you need more detailed info…
Considerable advances have taken place since the initial isolation and characterization of human embryonic stem (HES) cells; however, significant challenges remain before their potential for restoration and regeneration processes in patients can be realized. Understanding the diversity amongst HES cell lines and realizing the ability to isolate lines with robust differentiation potential remain difficult. In the Human Embryonic Stem Cells Handbook, experts in the field provide an assortment of protocols that have been used by various laboratories around the world so as to allow both novices and experienced investigators to compare and contrast different approaches to HES cell isolation and characterization with the hope that, from these protocols, researchers might standardize approaches for HES cell biology. Written in the Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips for troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and accessible, Human Embryonic Stem Cells Handbook serves as a valuable reference for scientists pursuing this vital field and its enormous potential.
- Used Book in Good Condition
Click here if you need more detailed info…
With this hands-on kit and tour guide, kids enter the fascinating world of the human body. Complete with removable squishy organs as well as representative skeletal, vascular, and muscular systems, kids explore the complex inner workings of the human body and literally see how it all works. Research physician and science teacher Lucille Kayes explains how the nine vital organs work together to digest food. A little gross—a lot of science fun! Includes: 12” clear plastic human body model & stand, 9 squishy organs, 12 plastic bones & muscles, forceps, tweezers, body part organ-izer mat, instruction sheet, and 24-page illustrated anatomy book
- DISCOVER HOW THE HUMAN BODY WORKS: Take a fascinating tour of the human body as you remove 21 realistic vital organs, bones, and muscles using the included forceps and tweezers; then rebuild the model from the toes to skullcap
- 29 PIECES, EXCEPTIONAL VALUE: Includes 12″ clear plastic human body model, stand, 9 squishy organs, 12 plastic bones & muscles, forceps, tweezers, body part organ-izer mat, instruction sheet, 24-page illustrated anatomy book
- STEM ANATOMY/BIOLOGY BOOK INCLUDED: Follow a slice of pizza as it travels through the body and interacts with different internal systems! With photos of real organs, engaging illustrations, and answers to common body function questions
- SMARTLAB TOYS, A LEADER IN EDUCATIONAL PLAY: Our toys allow children to add their individual insights, problem-solving skills, divergent thinking, and perseverance to their play as they learn and practice real-world skills and concepts
- PERFECT FOR BUDDING SCIENTISTS AGES 8+: Great anatomy and biology lesson plan for a homeschool curriculum or for any kid (or adult) fascinated with how their body works
- Look inside the book Watch what happens as a bite of pizza travels through your body
- Take a tour of the human body from the inside out
- Each SmartLab package contains everything kids need to explore and understand the mysteries of science
- More than just a toy and book, SmartLab products satisfy and engage a child’s curiosity
- Science becomes an adventure
Check out our website for details…