Terms and conditions, READ THIS PLEASE: Orders over $10 from this ad will be shipped with tracking, Otherwise: Seeds will be shipped economy/standard or first class 2-10 day shipping (NO TRACKING and no planting instructions to keep seed costs to the buyer low), in a ziplock baggie. Our goal is to save you money on quality seeds. We are responsible sellers, and we make sure our buyers are well taken care of. Shipped within 2 business days after payment. We are a seller that caters to experienced gardeners. (germination and plant care information is readily available online, but if you can’t find germinating and care instructions, please feel free to message us). Most of our listings include germination instructions, so we do not ship growing instructions. Multiple orders of a single item will be combined into 1 ziplock. We are not responsible for buyer germination success, seeds have been tested. Seed count is approximate, and packaged by weight. Seeds vary in size, weight is exact, and based upon empirical count, quantity is estimated. Liability of seller is limited to the cost of the item(s). Zellajake Farm and Garden: “Seeds for all your planting needs” since 2013
- Red Yarrow seeds! || FREE SHIPPING || NON GMO
- An herbaceous, mat forming perennial growing to 3FT, depending on the specific variety or sub species. || Foliage remains low with most of the height obtained from the long flower stalks. The green-grey leaves are 9″ long with a bipinnate or tripinnate form and are covered in small hairs, which accentuate the feathery appearance of the foliage. The leaves at the base and up to the middle are the largest and they are arranged in a spiral around the stem.
- The species name ‘millefolium’ is derived from the large number of segments in the foliage. The flowering period is from summer to autumn, with the red flowers appearing in flat clusters or corymbs at the top of the plant. || Yarrow germinates freely and can be sown at any time of year when conditions are suitable for growth. It is usually sown in late winter to early spring or late summer to autumn, when temperatures are around 70°F
- Sow the seeds into cells or pots containing good quality seed compost. Sow on the surface and do not cover, as light aids germination of seeds.Water from the base of the tray. Place in a propagator or warm place, ideally at 70°F. Keep the compost moist but not wet at all times. Germination takes 5 to 10 days.
- Prick out each seedling once it has its first set of “true” leaves, transplant into 3in pots or trays to grow on. Gradually acclimatise to outdoor conditions for 10 to 15 days before planting out after all risk of frost has passed. Transplant to full sun and light soil; if the soil is rich, the stems get floppy. Plant 12 to 24″ apart.