A Roadmap to Non-hematopoietic Stem Cell-Based Therapeutics: From the Bench to the Clinic is a resource that provides an overview of the principles of stem cell therapy, the promises and challenges of using stem cells for treating various clinical conditions, and future perspectives. The overall goal is to facilitate the translation of basic research on stem cells to clinical applications. The properties of stem cells from various sources are reviewed and the advantages and disadvantages of each for clinical use are discussed. Modifying stem cell properties through preconditioning strategies using physical, chemical, genetic, and molecular manipulation to improve cell survival, increase cell differentiation potential, enhance production of paracrine factors, and facilitate homing to the site of injury or disease upon transplantation are reviewed. Various routes of stem cell administration and dosing, and the duration of effects, are explored. Individual chapters are written by experts in the field and focus on the use of stem cells in treating various degenerative diseases, autoimmune diseases, wound healing, cardiovascular disease, spinal cord injury, oral and dental diseases, and skeletal disorders. Finally, experts in the regulatory arena discuss mechanisms used in different countries for approving the use of stem cells to treat diseases and many common issues that are typically encountered while seeking approval for this class of therapeutic agent.
- Offers advanced students, as well as new researchers, an overview of the principles of stem cell therapy
- Discusses a wide array of pressing clinical issues with stem cell-based therapies so that new ideas in the laboratory can be efficiently translated to the clinic through better designed clinical trials
- Helps clarify current regulatory mechanisms so that the safe use of stem cells for treating a variety of diseases can move forward
- Fosters cross-disciplinary dialogue between research scientists and physicians to accelerate the safe implementation of efficacious cell therapies
- CONVENIENT & DURABLE – Our strong and majestic stainless steel camping mug is perfect for all of your indoor and outdoor drinking needs. With its durable construction, smooth finish, and perfect printing, these will last for a very long time. Its durable construction will help keep it from getting crushed in an overstuffed backpack or travel bag if you decide to take it on the go.
- PERFECT GIFT – This make a perfect gift for the outdoorsy person in your life or that classy(trashy) neighbor! An even better gift for mother’s day, father’s day, graduations, groomsmen, bridal showers and birthdays! You could also just buy it for yourself because it is really cool!
- SAFETY FIRST – Our camping mugs are not safe for the dishwasher or the microwave. It is a hand wash only item. Be sure to use a bottle brush to get all those hard to reach spots deep down inside. Also be careful as the outside can get very hot with hot liquid inside. And lastly, and obviously, this camping mug is not safe for the microwave. It is metal after all, unless you like lightning storms in your microwave.
- PARTY TIME – Whether it is parties, hiking, camping, cycling or any other outdoors activity this camping mug will definitely be the life of your party. In fact, bring it to parties. It will be the most popular item there!